Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Disneyland/Los Angeles trip

We started planning this trip since the beginning of February. Millie's birthday is on March 21st and that was my last day of work before Spring Break. Well, we had a birthday party for her on the Sunday the 23rd and we flew off on the 24th on jetblue from Oakland - cheap fare by the way $44 Oakland to Long Beach. The way back was also $44 but it was on Virgin America from LAX to SFO. 

We landed at Long Beach airport at about 8:30 pm. My nina Emma Photobucket picked us up and took us to dinner at shakey's pizza. It was 9:30 at night as we were eating. I knew my healthy eating was going to be over during my vacation. How do I refuse? My nina is like my mom since my mom passed away.

So anyway, Tuesday morning Millie wanted to get into the pool right away. But it was about 60 degrees inside the water, which gets really cold after a while. She eventually got most of herself in while I just wet my feet. Later that day, we went to Redondo Beach to have some fried Tilapia. It was actually pretty good. We played games at the arcades also. 
Then Wednesday came along... that was the big day. THE day to go to Disneyland. We got there around 12 noon. By that time, the lines were already long. To my disappointment It's a Small World was closed!!! It had a big sign that said that it would open during the Holiday season in 2008. WHAAAAAAT??? Ick! That sort of set the scene for a mediocre day at the park. Millie enjoyed the Autopia ride. She enjoyed Finding Nemo and hated Pirates of the Caribbean. We stood in line for ONE hour for the Peter Pan ride. Tinkerbell was not part of the ride and the ride lasted less than 2 minutes. 
This Millie after the Disney experience after disneyland... POOPED!

No comments: